Sony announced in 2015 that it would invest in Discord and partner with the messaging giant to bring PlayStation and Discord closer together. For this purpose, Discord started rolling out an option that allows PlayStation Network (PSN) accounts to be connected to their servers for a rich presence. Here’s how to link your PlayStation account with Discord so that your PlayStation 4 (PS4) or PlayStation 5 (PS5) game activity is displayed on your Discord profile. You want to know whether the Discord app can be installed on PS4 and PS5. You’ll be disappointed by the answer, but keep reading to learn how Discord works on PlayStation.
Discord on PS4 and PS5 by 2022
As promised, we won’t go round in circles in this article, but will tell you that Discord does not have a native app for the PS4 or PS5. Discord is not currently available for the PS4 or PS5. It’s possible to read your Discord messages on your PlayStation and some tedious workarounds to make voice chat work on PS4 and PS5.
So, first of all, how do we connect to Discord on a PS4? We already mentioned the workarounds, so we’ll only explain them here, if you want to know more about them, check out our previous article. If you use Discord for Windows, Mac, or Linux, then you can follow these steps to connect to Discord on a PS4: Open Discord on your PC (or your Mac or your Linux), Click on Settings,Click on “Play Games” Enter the IP address and port of your PS4 in the field “Host:” Click “Connect” That’s it! You’re now connected to Discord on your PC, and you can enjoy voice chat with your friends from the comfort of your own home.
Discord Messages on the PS4 and PS5
PlayStation 4 and 5 don’t have native Discord clients, but there is a workaround you can use to access Discord in read-only mode. Our tests indicated that we could not send messages or join voice chats using this method. If, however, you would like to check your Discord messages on PS4 and PS5, then follow these steps:
- Start PlayStation Party and open a chat window with your friend.
- On your PS5, type “www.discord.com” in the chatbot and send the message to a friend. The PS4 comes with an in-built browser, so you don’t need to send a message to your friend. On your PS4 console, you can directly access Discord Web through the browser.
- PlayStation will now open the link in a pop-up browser window after you select the link.
- The Discord app can then be opened on your PlayStation by logging into your Discord account and clicking “Open Discord in your browser.”.
- There you have it! Playstation 4 and PlayStation 5 users can now read Discord messages directly on their devices. Even though this method is not as convenient as using the native Discord client, it allows you to browse your gaming buddies’ messages quickly.
How to Connect PlayStation Network Account to Discord
If you would like to connect your PlayStation Network account to Discord and display your PS4/PS5 game status in the chat app so others can see it, follow these steps:
- Open the app for the Discord Settings page and click on the gear icon in the bottom-left corner.
- To view a list of all available Discord integrations, click on “Connections” in the Settings page’s left sidebar.
- You can now connect your PlayStation account to Discord by clicking the PlayStation Network logo under the “Connect Your Accounts” section.
- Click on “Sign In” on the sign-in page and enter your PlayStation account information.
- The details of your PlayStation account will now be visible through Discord’s Connections page. Your Discord profile can show your PSN account, and your game activity can be displayed on your PSN account.
- Check out what your friends will see when you are playing one of the best PlayStation 5 (PS5) games after you connect your PlayStation account with Discord.